NEW!

Click on any picture to expand

Thursday 17 May 2012

After two very hectic weeks

of Rotary we had arranged to spend a few days relaxing in Penang, an island off the north coast of Malaysia, in a superb resort facing the Mallacca Straits. (See Map below)
Roger and Kate had left us to go home from Bangkok, so it was just the Workington crowd and us, spending our days round the pool.
Anne spent much of her time in the beauty parlour- not that she needed it, I think she just wanted to get away from me for a while!
As usual I couldn't keep still, and went to try out the parascending, another new experience, it was fun while it lasted, and I didn't even get wet!

Taking off from the beach, and skillfully steering myself back to the beach, I even walked on the water!( that was down to the boat driver who deliberately slowed down to dunk me!) Anyway it was a bit of fun, I will do it again given the opportunity.











The food was great- we ate out at various places during the three days we were there, and even managed to gatecrash a private party in the Hard Rock Cafe! Mazda were holding a launch party for their new vehicle with a rock band, and we were invited in by the guy in charge, a Geordie no less! We had taken a rickshaw the mile and a half to get there, and it was a great finish to our time there.
So- Tomorrow the rest go back via KL to the UK, but we are going on to Melaka, some two hours south of KL, for our last couple of days over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment